I should be punished.
Anyway, I'm slowly recovering from the surgery. I'm up to 30 degrees of flexibility down. Up is better as the ligament controlling that motion wasn't the one worked on. I have an appointment with the hand doctor next week and we'll see where we go from there. So, for the time being, I'm being abused by my physical therapist.
I told her we needed a safe word besides "Oh God, that hurts!" or "I hate you!" or "Please God, make it stop" or "Just chop the damn thing off, it'll hurt less!" because those things just make her laugh.
And now for August's goals:
- Write every day. This will be hampered by the wrist surgery, but still something I need to strive for. I haven't done this yet, but the wrist is still cumbersome to use because of the brace. However, it isn't so much in the way as to make writing impossible. So, I've been slow getting back to this point.
- Blog once a week. Yup! Haven't done the weekly updates, but I have had a couple blog posts a week since the beginning of the month.
- Cheer on my #writemotivation tweeps Getting better at this. Missed out on a few days because of the surgery and then plague
- Read two books. Er...I'm not sure I've read anything this month. I'll have to check.
- Participate in the Pay It Forward Giveaway (see button on the side-bar). YES! Had a lot of fun with it and hope to do it again soon.
'Till Next Time.
Even with your wrist being injured it looks like you're making progress. \o/ReplyDelete
when you are at PT and it hurts, just picture in your head a 30 foot t-rex cheering you on...flailing its tiny little arms and waving those pom poms...oh and don't forget the teeny tiny cheerleader outfit :)ReplyDelete
Aw! :D Thanks. I'll remember that today when I see her.Delete
Congrats on the flexibility. Just slap your PT a couple of times and tell her you were tapping out. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Heather! :D I'll tell her that. She'll probably laugh at me. :DDelete
Ouch! I sympathise with the pain of PT and hope it gets better soon. You're doing great to be posting and trying to meet your goals on top of all that!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Cheryl! :D Yup. Slowly, but surely.Delete
Glad to hear the wrist is healing, even if it's painful and you may or may not want to punch your physical therapist... :)ReplyDelete
LOL. Thanks! :D She tried to convince me that she was a little old lady...except she's taller than I am. :DDelete
You're kicking ass. But you always do.ReplyDelete
I really hope your hand heals up soon hon. I miss you around. Was bummed to miss the August meeting, but s'all good, I'll be there in October. Make sure you are :P
Thanks! Hand is doing lots better. Weening off the splint this week. Hope to make the October meeting. :DDelete