One of the assignments that I need to get done before the next class is to create my own form (poetic or prose). From what he showed us from last year, they can get pretty crazy. There were all theoretically possible to do. I've got a couple weird ones that I am probably going to turn in...and yes, I will share them here...now.
Piece of Pie Form (Poetic form)
- The poem must be 6 lines long
- Must be in this form:
- 1st line: 3 words
- 2nd line: 1 word
- 3rd line: 4 words
- 4th line: 1 word
- 5th line: 5 words
- 6th line: 9 words
Towel Form (Poetic form)
- Poem must be 42 lines long
- First line must be 4 words, 2nd line: 2 words. Alternate the 4 words/2 words pattern until the end
- The last 3 words of the poem must be "Infinity Improbability Drive"
- The poem cannot make reference to any book by Douglas Adams (excepting the last 3 words)
- Optional challenge: Every 4 word line must rhyme, Every 2 word line must rhyme
- Optional challenge: Include the word "towel" 4 times and the word "mice" 2 times
- Improbable Challenge: Multiply 9 x 6
Ok, #7 is a joke, but I had to add it. These should be possible to write. I will have some poems written in this form by the time classes resume (I hope!).
Now on to my #writemotivation update:
- Finish ch. 4 and start ch. 5: Um, yeah. I'm up to ch. 8 now (need to revise my goal!)
- Blog at least once a week: Yup!
- Write 30 minutes every day: Done (and then some!). There were a couple days where I wasn't actually typing, but I did get some stuff plotted out and figured for WIP#1
- Cheer on everyone else: Definitely! It's one of my favorite things!
- Not get distracted by WIP#2: He's still lurking in there, but he's been really quiet so far. I think he's decided to be a good boy for the time being.
'Till next time!