So, September is finished. Although I didn't quite make my goal, I'm giving myself cookies because I accomplished a LOT this month.
But more on that in a bit.
What I'd like to talk about is the "why" I love #writemotivation so much.
The answer may surprise you. Or it may not. I think it might, but I could just be delusional...ok, more delusional than normal.
But I digress.
The reason I love #writemotivation isn't because people are supporting me (which is a plus, but the reason). It's because I get to support other people. Writers who are struggling, as I struggle, with doing what they love...which is write, and survive in this crazy world. It isn't about me.
I'm not saying this so you think I'm awesome. I'm saying this because it's true. I love helping people, always have. There isn't an ulterior motive here. I can't do much more than stand on the sidelines waving pompoms. I can't fix other people. I can't make it any better except to offer virtual hugs, chocolate foodstuffs, and the occasional caffeine IV drip.
|Sometimes you need to mainline it|
What I'm saying is I like to cheer people on. Why? Because I like to. There is no other motive than that.
Speaking of goofy. Here's a pic of an inflatable dino eating a cheerleader...why? Because I found it on the internet.
|It's kind of disturbing if you ask me. :D|
Ok. So, here is my #writemotivation wrap up for September.
- Write 15K more on HJ I only managed 2K last week, so I'm just shy of my goal. I wrote just over 13K, bringing my total over 28K for HJ. However, I did plot the end of the book and added several new chapters into the middle to fix some issues that my betas had noticed. I even did some revisions to Chapter 1 based on feedback from Brenda Drake.
- Blog once a week I did 12 posts this month. At least 3 of them were cover reveals which I love doing because I love promoting writers.
- Try and squeeze in some fun reading in there (non-beta/crit stuff). Not sure how that will pan out though! I finished Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and loved it. If you haven't read it, it's awesome. Just started Struck by Jennifer Bosworth. I'm only a couple chapters in, but I already like it.
- Read slush pile for Niteblade (a little behind on this one) I made the decision to stop reading the slush pile for Niteblade. Not because I didn't like it, but because I didn't feel like I was able to put in the effort that they needed. Their staff is awesome and work really hard at putting out an awesome product while getting very little in return for their efforts. I hope to get back to helping them, but for the time being I'm not focused enough for it. HJ is taking too much brain power and I'm a little burnt out on the reading.
- Cheer on my #writemotivation peeps! Always! :D
One last thing, I would like to thank all the people who read my flash fiction story, Sweet Evaline. It was a lot of fun participating in the blog hop. So, Thank You. :D
'Till Next Time.
You definitely deserve the cookies! It was a great month of writerly fun :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Rebecca! :D I think we all deserve cookies. :DDelete
Close enough to me! You're just occasionally overambitious! :DReplyDelete
I could have made it, just brain blipped out last week. The important thing is that I have an outline through the rest of the book. Not a point by point, but generic, this happens in each chapter outline (which is about as detailed as it gets with me).Delete
Wow. It sounds like you definitely deserve cookies. :) If you liked Shiver, you'll love the rest of that series, Linger and Forever. Also, Maggie just put out a new book, "The Raven Boys." She's one of my favorite writers. She just has such a beautiful style. I haven't picked up RB yet, but it's on my TBR list. :)ReplyDelete
I wouldn't normally ask for a favor in your comments, BUT since you mentioned in your blogpost that you like helping other writers, I figure it couldn't hurt. I'm in the finals week of a kissing scene contest at www.monibw.blogspot.com
I can't tell you which entry is mine, but I can tell you I'm one of the two team Kissy entries. If you could take a second to go vote, that'd be awesome! Voting closes Tues. night.
Anyway, I you accomplish your writing goals. And thanks for the laugh with the dino!
Oh yes, I was over at the kissy post earlier, but was at work so I couldn't read the entries in depth. I'll definitely take a look and vote. :D Congrats on getting to the final two. I read the semi-finals ones and they were all good.Delete
And yes, I really want to read Raven Boys. Have you read/checked out Curiosities? It's written by her and two of her friends (Brenna Yovanoff and Tessa Gratton). It's awesome. Short stories with annotations on each page.
Awww, and we love you, too! Not just because you throw flaming dinosaur cookies at us, but also because you're a genuinely nice person who has talent. Wow. We sound shallow... Perhaps it would help if we sent some pound cake your way. We could probably buy your silence with cake.ReplyDelete
LOL. :D You guys are pretty awesome too.Delete
Oooo...pound cake...yes, my silence could be bought with pound cake...until I was done eating it. ;-D