I ended up twitter jail from all retweets I was doing as the pitches flew past my screen. That and I was tossing in my own tweets as well as participating in the #fakepitmad party that a couple of my friends started. I was posting lines from They Fight Crime website. Go there. it's awesome. Here are a couple examples:
He's a witless bohemian farmboy on the wrong side of the law. She's a chain-smoking antique-collecting research scientist married to the Mob. They fight crime!
orHe's an uncontrollable dishevelled librarian searching for his wife's true killer. She's a beautiful gypsy pearl diver with an MBA from Harvard. They fight crime!
It was a pretty wild day and a lot of people got requests. Carissa Taylor was kind enough to compile a list. If you participated, check it out. You may have missed something.
Congrats to all 235 manuscripts that got requests. Good luck to you all!
I wrote up 7 different tweets that I rotated throughout the day:
- YA: 17yo Julius Monroe hates the world, but if he wants a chance for love, he must stand up to his father's rage or lose it all. #PitMad
- YA: Julius just wants to be left alone. Too bad the popular girl and her jealous boyfriend didn't get the message. #PitMad
- YA: Julius' trusts his best friend with the truth of his father's abuse. Unfortunately, Julius' friend has a secret of his own. #PitMad
- YA: 1 badass jacket+1 abusive father=Julius' life. Toss in a friend with a secret, the school bully and his GF and you have a mess #PitMad
- YA: With failing grades, and an abusive father, Julius hates his life. Until love comes from an unexpected source. #PitMad
- YA: a story of life, love, pain, and one badass jacket. #PitMad
- YA: Christina wants to help Julius pass social studies. Her jock BF wants to use him for a punching bag. Messy is an understatement #PitMad
First I was...
|YEAH! I GOT A FAVORITE FROM AN AGENT!|
Then I was...
|ZOMG! I JUST SENT A QUERY AND PAGES TO AN AGENT!|
Then I was...
|OMG! NOW THEY WANT MORE AND A SYNOPSIS! I DON'T HAVE A SYNOPSIS!|
Later that night and the following day I was...
|WRITING ALL THE SYNOPSISIS!!!!|
So now I wait (as all of those of us wait). And while I'm waiting I will be doing this...
And finding other things to distract me...like a new story...I have been advised that agents love it when you have a lot of stories. I was also advised not to write dystopian or anything involving vampires, werewolves or angels...including vampire angels in a dystopian apocalyptic future...even if it sounds awesome.
I also have several books, comic books, and a manuscript (epic fantasy FTW) to beta read for a friend.
It's a good thing I have 26 story ideas in my story idea word document.
#writemotivation was a huge success for me. Got all my goals accomplished. Not to sit back, regroup, drink all the coffee and try not the panic too much.
'Till Next Time
I am so glad to hear you had success during pitmad. Go you. The waiting is the WORST part of it OMG but good luck.ReplyDelete
Yeah. Day Job Productivity=Zero at the moment.Delete
*happy dance, happy dance, happy dance and cookies and hugs* oh and don't forget to breathe!ReplyDelete
LOL. :D Definitely! :D *hyperventilates* :DDelete
YAAAAAAAAY!*flings confetti madly about the room*ReplyDelete
Congratulations again! That's so fantastic. May the agent get back to you speedily! :-)
I hope so too! It's hard to keep the feels out of my head. :DDelete
OMG! "...and one badass jacket." of course you got a hit on that one. congrats! i always have a hard enough time coming up with ONE good twitter pitch, let alone seven! great job! good luck with your submissions!ReplyDelete
LOL. Thanks! :DDelete